Here’s another dish that uses sweet and sour sauce, Sweet and Sour Chicken takes its influence from the Chinese, it’s a perfect blend between the sourness of the pineapple and the sweetness of the sugar.
The sauce works well with other meat like pork [see the Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe] or even fish.
Sweet and Sour Chicken is best served on top of the steaming rice. Enjoy!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Cooking Directions
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Season chicken strips and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate.
- Add red and green peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until sauce begins to reduce.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer.
- Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.