Pata Tim is a Chinese inspired braised pork legs (pata) dish that is somewhat similar to pork adobo. The recipe uses pork legs, and cooked for a long time to tenderize the meat.
It is best served with rice.
Pata Tim Cooking Procedures:
- In a pot heat oil then saute garlic and onions.
- Add in Pata, salt, bay leaf and black ground pepper then stir for 5 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and water, bring to boil and simmer for an hour and a half or until meat is tender.
- Add the banana blossom then simmer for 5 minutes.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, add slurry (1 tsp of cornstarch dissolve in water) until you reached the desired consistency.
- Place the fried bok choi in the serving platter & pour in the cooked pata & sauce.
- To quicken the cooking time, you can use the pressure cooker in boiling the meat for about 30 minutes