Tapsilog is a popular Filipino meal combo consisting of Tapa (fried Beef Tapa), Sinangag (fried rice) and Itlog (fried egg). Its popularity opened up the door for more varieties of Silog like Tosilog (tocino, sinangag at itlog), Longsilog (Longanisa, sinangag at itlog) and many others.
The meat is marinated with calamansi, soy sauce & garlic making it tender and easy to cook. Here’s how you can prepare this delectable meal at home.
How to prepare & cook Beef Tapa
- In a container, mix together all the ingredients except the meat & cooking oil.
- Once fully blended, place the beef into the marinade making sure that the meat are well coated with liquids and seasonings.
- Cover and let marinate inside the refrigerator for minimum of 4 hours, or even overnight.
- To cook, drain the excess liquid from the marinade so the beef will fry and not boil in its own liquid.
- Heat up the oil in the pan, fry the beef in batches.
There are several ways of serving this dish, but the best way to serve Beef Tapa is with Fried Rice, Fried Egg, and Atsara, additional sides could be sliced tomatoes and cucumber, for the dip, ketsup and/or spicy vinegar would do the trick.