Lomi is a famous noodle dish for Filipinos, this original Chinese dish has been a popular comfort food for most Pinoys specially during cold or rainy season.
Mom has her own way of preparing this dish, it was a simple Lomi noodles with less meat and more veggies. This version is what I truly love, with a good balance of noodles, soup, vegetables & meat, which makes it a complete meal.
I love eating Lomi together with bread.
Chinese Lomi Cooking Procedure:
- Cook Lomi noodles according to packet instructions, once cooked, drain and rinse with tap water then set it aside.
- In a pot add small amount of oil then fry pork belly until golden brown. Remove from pot then set aside.
- Add then sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add the squid balls & kikiam and fry until cooked.
- Add the soup stock then bring it to a boil.
- Add the shrimps and fried pork, simmer for additional 2 minutes
- Mix cornstarch on a small amount of water and pour in the pot simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the noodles, carrots and cabbage into the pot bring it again to a boil then add water if necessary, once boiling turn off the heat then add the eggs while continuously mixing.
- Season with pepper and fish sauce then serve.
- You can add eggs to this recipe by either boiling it and slicing it which will serve as additional garnish or by beating it and dropping it during the final simmer which will serve as thickening agent.