Saw this recipe while watching Rachel Ray on TV, tried it once and it was good and worth sharing. Enjoy cooking and eating Beef Stroganoff in Pasta.
Beef Stroganoff in Pasta Cooking Procedure:
- Slice meat into 1/2-thick by 2 -nch long very thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Set in freezer.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook with flour 1 minute. Whisk in consomme. Thicken 1 minute. Stir in mustard and sour cream, thicken 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Heat a second skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter, then add the meat and onion and cook over high heat until brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes total. Then add the chopped cornichons and stir to combine.
- Arrange meat on a bed of egg noodles and top with Stroganoff sauce and parsley.
- Serve with thickly sliced pumpernickel bread.