Here’s one recipe that reminds me of my childhood, simply called “sopas,” this Creamy Chicken Macaroni Soup always brighten up our rainy days. This is the widely accepted version of the dish, other variation uses different parts of the chicken (i.e. liver & gizzard, balugbog (bony chicken back) instead of chicken breast and varying the vegetables that are being used.
Whatever the version may be, you will surely enjoy this dish.
Creamy Chicken Macaroni Soup Cooking Procedure:
- Heat oil (or butter) in a pot. Sauté garlic and onions. Add in cooked shredded chicken or leftover bones and cook even more until browned. Flavor the meat with fish sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Add in carrots and sauté.
- Pour broth into the sautéed meat and vegetables.
- Place macaroni and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add in cabbage and cook.
- Add in more broth for a thick soup or water for a thin soup. More salt and pepper can also be sprinkled to make the soup full of flavor.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Pour milk into the soup.
- Serve hot.