Camaron Rebosado Cooking Procedure
- Peel the shrimp and remove its veins, keep the tail in tact.
- Cut not-so-deep-slits on the body of the shrimp to keep them straight during frying.
- Marinate shrimps in salt & pepper and calamansi.
- Prepare the batter by mixing water and egg in a bowl. Then add in baking powder, flour and salt. Mix well.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil.
- Dip shrimps in batter, let drip and deep fry in hot cooking oil until golden and crispy.
- Prepare the sweet & sour sauce by mixing pineapple juice, sugar, catsup, hot sauce and salt in a sauce pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add cornstarch mixture, thicken.
- Serve shrimp with sweet & sour sauce.